Dandelion Leaf Condiment
3 cups minced, unsprayed dandelion leaves
1/2 cup minced onions
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
1 tsp. almond butter
dash of shoyu
1. Prepare the vegetables. Saute' in the sesame oil.
2. Season with the shoyu and almond butter.
Arame with Sunflower Seeds, Chives and Mustard
2 handfuls of arame, rinsed, drained and soaked in water just to cover
3/4 cup apple juice and 3/4 cup water
1 cup sunflower seeds
1-2 tsp. shoyu
1/2 cup finely chopped chives
1. Drain the arame and put in pan. Add apple juice/water mix...just to cover. Simmer with the lid off for 15 minutes.
2. While the arame is cooking, warm up a cast iron skillet. Quickly rinse the sunflower seeds in cold water, strain and toast on the warm skillet until golden. Stirring constantly.
3. When golden, remove seeds from the skillet and crush 1/2 of them in a suribachi or coffee grinder. Garnish with the other 1/2.
4. When the liquid is almost gone from the arame, season with the shoyu and cook 1 minute more. Add the crushed sunflower seeds, chives and 1 tsp. Wasabi Mustard and serve.
*Corn on the Cob
2 quarts water
2 pinches of sea salt
1 ear of corn per person
1. Bring water and salt to a boil. Add corn and cook approx. 7 minutes.
use Ume plum instead of butter if you are non-dairy.
Fresh Salad with Red Radishes and Carrot Flowers
Create a beautiful fresh salad with organic greens from your garden....mixed greens, lettuce, parsley, red radishes and carrot flowers. (5 little pie-shaped strips cut down the length of the carrot, then slice the carrot for pin-wheel shaped flowers). Add your favorite dressing.
1 pickle per person - either homemade or store bought kosher organic gurkens
You can soak in vinegar and garlic with spices as a pressed salad sliced
Poached Pears in Lemon Sauce with Raspberries
2 cups apple juice
2 TB rice syrup
pinch of sea salt
2 pears cut in half and seeds removed
2 TB kudzu diluted in 1/8 cup cold water
juice and zest from 1 organic lemon
fresh raspberries and mint leaf to garnish
1. Bring apple juice, rice syrup and salt to a boil. Add the pear halves and simmer about 5 minutes. Remove when soft and place in serving bowls.
2. Bring apple juice back to a boil and stir in diluted kuzu. Simmer for 1/2 minute.
3. Turn off the heat and add lemon juice and zest.
4. Pour sauce over pear halves & garnish with raspberries and mint.